DPO as a Service
In many cases, the Data Protection Officer (DPO) figure is mandatory; in other cases, it is a proper choice, to inform and assist the Data Controller or Processor in managing the processing of personal data
Among the indications set forth in the Regulation (EU) n.2016/679 (GDPR) is the establishment of the DPO (Data Protection Officer), a key figure to ensure the proper functioning of the Personal Data Management System.
For some organizations, the appointment of a Data Protection Officer is mandatory, while for others it may be an appropriate voluntary choice.
The DPO is mandatory in any case where processing is carried out:
- by a public administration or a body thereof;
- by companies with more than 250 employees;
- by companies whose main activities consist, due to their nature, aim or purpose, in the systematic and regular monitoring of data subjects, or if the Data Controller's main activity involves large-scale processing of sensitive data, data concerning health or sex life, genetic data, or data of a judicial or biometric nature (excluding, however, judicial authorities).
Axitea's "DPO as a service" is essential to outsource the DPO’s figure and tasks, by providing expert professionals with multidisciplinary skills in data protection, information security and legal aspects, whose task will be essential to assess and organize the management of personal data processing - and therefore their protection - within the company, so that they are treated in a lawful and relevant way.
Outsourcing the DPO is an appropriate choice for most companies, to relieve themselves of the duties and ensure the appropriate autonomy to this role, therefore avoiding a dangerous internal conflict of interest.
How Axitea can help you
Outsourcing of specialized skills
Delegating the DPO’s role and activities to a highly specialized multidisciplinary team that is constantly updated with legal, technological, process and security expertise.
Reduced costs compared to hiring in-house staff for each single topic.
Personalized ongoing service
Service modelled according to the needs and type of business of client companies.
Compliance in terms of impartiality
Providing ongoing support to the client to be GDPR compliant and impartial.
Would you like to know more about DPO as a Service?
DPO as a Service offers businesses and public administrations the opportunity to resort to a team of privacy specialists and, if necessary, appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). Axitea's team provides experts with different skills:
- Judicial and legal;
A team that assumes a fundamental position for the protection of personal data in any organization, both in companies and in Public Administrations, with the constant task of raising the levels of awareness and alignment with the law by all those who handle personal data.
Axitea’s team of experts and DPO will provide, on a periodical basis, the activities that the European Guarantor requires of companies.
Specifically, its duties include:
- Informing and advising organizations and their employees on their obligations under GDPR and national legislation.
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR and internal Data Protection policies.
- Providing an opinion on the data protection impact assessment of the processing operation and monitoring its performance.
- Working with supervisory authorities and acting as their point of contact, to facilitate access to documents and information necessary to carry out the tasks of the team of experts and the DPO.
Other risk, advisory and compliance support services
Risk Analysis & Management
Risk Analysis & Management Assessment of the likelihood of occurrence and magnitude of potential Cyber and ICT...
DPO as a Service
DPO as a Service Data protection experts, whose job is to evaluate and organize the management of...
GDPR Compliance Consulting
Verification of potential GAPs in the mandatory protection measures compliance requirements, and security of personal data processed...
Find out what we have done for our customers.
Would you like to know more on what Axitea can do for you?